[3830] SS SSB K3B(WX3B) SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 22 19:11:30 EST 2021

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: K3B
Operator(s): WX3B
Station: K3B

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: MDC

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

This was a initially a very action-packed weekend and I knew even a "Sunday
only" 12 hour operation was not happening.  First I had a great visit with
my 29 year old Son Alex - first time I have seen him in over a year!!  Second,
my step-daughter Frazier got her own apartment and needed some assistance moving
- my Sunday morning activity.  I arrived at WX3B at about 1:00pm and got started
shortly there after.  The non-stop pileup I had hoped for never materialized.
Several hours into the event I was notified my friend Bill K3WI became a silent
key.  It is fitting Bill passed away during Sweepstakes, a contest we often did
together at my house as a parallel operation.  I took several hours off and
thought about all the great times Bill and I had together.

I went to 80 way too early and ended back up on 40,which was truly where most of
my activity was.  I was happy to be called by so many sections, and I always
forget that it's really not worth pouncing on multipliers. Each multiplier I
pounced on, even PR, eventually called me again during a run!!

BIG PVRC turnout, and there are a lot of BIG scores out there!!

My best wishes to everyone for a happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas/Happy
new year!

73,

Jim   WX3B