[3830] SS SSB VA7RR(@VE7SZ) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Nov 27 23:11:00 EST 2021

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: VA7RR
Operator(s): VA7RR
Station: VE7SZ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: BC

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

A big thanks to Allan, VE7SZ, for hosting me for the weekend.

My start was pretty good, but the wheels fell off at around 0230Z when 40 meters
went long and to the south - I was unable to average even a Q per minute for the
rest of the evening and into the early morning hours on 40 and 75, even with a 4
element 40 meter yagi at 140 feet.  Sunday was OK, but, based on my usual rates
from more recent SS efforts, I expected to work a couple of hundred more than I
actually did.

No SO2R this time around - something was amiss with the computer interfacing and
it locked up whenever I tried to use it.

Nonetheless, this SS was overall both challenging (in a good way) and fun -
thanks to all for the QSOs.

73,
Gary
VA7RR