[3830] CQWW CW KO7SS SO(A)AB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 28 13:16:53 EST 2021

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: KO7SS
Operator(s): KO7SS
Station: KO7SS

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: ARIZONA

  160:    0     0        0
   80:   42    14       30
   40:  390    31       91
   20:  498    31       94
   15:  470    28       90
   10:   47    14       22

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

RIG: K3S and 2K-FA
ANT: 2 el SteppIR yagi at 55' and MFJ 40/80 vertical

I had hoped HH2AA would be up and running but it's been down for months.

A DX contest from W7/Arizona with modest antennas is always a humbling
experience. I didn't bother to string out the 160M inv-L, and the MFJ short
vertical is tuned on 80M for RTTY so I couldn't go below 3550.

There was a nice 3-4 hour opening into EU each morning on 15/20.

It got slow here Saturday evening so I remoted into RHR/9A and ran some on
40/80 with my 9A5SSS call. Unlike here, in EU everyone works everyone for
points, so it was great fun!

The sun set in EU on Sunday and the band maps went blank. I must have worked
all the VE and SA stations on Saturday....

We may not have great DX contesting here in Arizona, but it is 11 AM on
Sunday morning, sunny and 75 F, and I'm out the door for a bike ride :)

73, Bill KO7SS in Tucson