[3830] CQWW CW KP4AA SO(A)AB QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 28 19:01:29 EST 2021

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: KP4AA
Operator(s): KP4AA
Station: KP4AA

Class: SO(A)AB QRP
QTH: Puerto Rico

  160:   17     6       14
   80:   38     8       26
   40:  124    14       59
   20:  171    23       69
   15:  354    19       73
   10:   67    12       22

I was only supposed to do a limited effort in this one I said. I was going to
take care of some home projects I said. I was sucked into this for a longer
effort when conditions Friday night and Saturday turned out to be so good.
QRP? What was I thinking? 5 watts measured right out of the radio.
I had a hell of a good time looking for DX. A big lesson learned is that tuning
is good for QRP. I found lots of mults tuning up and down the bands that weren't
showing up on the spotting network. This means no pileups and easier for a QRP
station to make the contact. I worked a total of 97 DXCC countries across all 6
bands. Almost had DXCC QRP in a weekend!
 Some of the good mults were JA, KH6, KL7, UA9 in zone 18, VK, ZL,3V,3B8 and the
one I worked hardest for, EY8MM on 40 meters. I started calling him before my
sunset and kept only calling ??? I was back and forth calling for over an hour
and he finally picked up in signal strength and I was able to work him. I missed
zone 8 and all of the Caribbean on 10 and 15 meters where I usually force a KW
on backscatter for the local Caribbean mults. Can't do it with 5 watts. If you
worked me I give a heartfelt thanks. I also apologize for putting you through
that. :(   My effort was 99% S&P. I did manage to run some stations on 15
meters late Sunday but really just tried to get as many mults as possible and
not waste time CQing. One benefit of QRP is that the shack AC doesn't have to
work so hard. Equipment K3S at 5 watts, A4 tribander, 3 el yagi on 15M and wires
for the low bands. The wideband jamming right below 7.0 was killing 40m all
weekend....