[3830] CQWW CW VP9I(N6GQ) SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 28 20:47:23 EST 2021

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: VP9I
Operator(s): N6GQ
Station: VP9I

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: VP9

  160:  236    11       28
   80:  775    16       64
   40: 1140    21       70
   20: 1859    25       86
   15:  969    17       69
   10:   39    10       17

Club: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

A big thank you to Ed, VP9GE, for allowing me to play radio on a very beautiful
island in the Atlantic!

This is my first real CW contest since life had its way with me a few years ago
(right before WRTC, which I had to miss) - lost a parent to cancer, got my own
cancer diagnosis and did treatment, went through a divorce of a 20 year
marriage, and moved to another state, all at the same time. It threw me for a
loop but thankfully that's all behind me and I'm able to enjoy radio again!

After a maiden voyage in the SSB contest last month, I set a goal of 4000 QSOs
for this leg of the contest, and a stretch goal of 5000 QSOs and/or 5M points.
I'm happy to hit both goal and stretch goals! Yay!

Unfortunately 10m never really opened like in SSB. I was rewarded with frequent
checks though when I found 3B8M on 10M Sunday in the noise, and we were able to
also move to 15M where we made another, and tried for 20m also, but we never
connected on 20m. Oh well, thanks guys!

Otherwise everything worked with no failures. 40M had S9+ noise all weekend
(same during SSB - we never located it), but I used the tribander and a homebrew
loop as RX antennas for 40M. All in all they worked quite well.

A wonderful time - love the leading up to this one, and really enjoy all the
comradery! Thanks to everyone for the QSOs!

73 de N6GQ

Station:
Elecraft K3s, 100w
10/15/20: Cushcraft A4 @ 20 feet