[3830] CQWW CW KA1IS SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 28 21:50:06 EST 2021

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: KA1IS
Operator(s): KA1IS
Station: KA1IS

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: ME

  160:   83    13       37
   80:  571    22       69
   40:  953    27       84
   20:  881    24       76
   15:  735    18       75
   10:   47    13       23

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Another field operation from Witt Hill, Norway, Maine.

This is probably double the number of QSO's for me, ever, in a contest. Didn't
have any plan, it just turned out like that.

Built new antennas for 10 meters, but then it didn't open much. The lazy-H and
extended Zepp seemed good, but not the distorted delta loop beam made from rope.

Blizzard conditions on Friday night, with some icing. The 160 meter inverted-L
wire broke - but both ends of the break were on the ground so I just taped them
up and tied the wire to the base of a pine tree with some tension. Kind of a
zig-zag sloper but it worked.

Also having intermittent stray RF in the tent that was dropping the keyer. I
found some ferrites, but will need to research further because RF exposure is
probably the cause and apparently bad for us humans.

The running was so good (at least at my rate) that I forgot about the generator
and it ran out of gas during a QSO. Sorry about that.

Antennas, mostly wire beams - see QRZ page.

Tom
KA1IS