[3830] CQWW CW NJ4P M/S LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 28 22:17:17 EST 2021

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: NJ4P
Operator(s): W0AAE AA4LS KC1KUG
Station: NJ4P

Class: M/S LP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs): 43
Remote Operation

  160:   22     9       19
   80:   73    13       50
   40:  951    27       95
   20:  627    33      100
   15:  395    28       97
   10:   33    17       29

First of all, I want to congratulate K1XM on his impressive score. Off the bat,
we were #1 world on the scoreboard, then we dropped below the Europeans and
WP3C, who did a great job as well.

Huge thanks to Ron, WV4P for hosting us at his contest station. I played very
well over the weekend.

We had very few issues, but issues nonetheless. Flex's SmartCAT and SmartLink
have issues with N1MM. We had to restart the program when changing ops. It
didn't slow us down too much, though. At around 03z on Saturday night, we
noticed massive SWR on 80m, so I checked with the station owner, and it turns
out we broke the tuning mechanism on the JK801. Somehow when tuning the antenna,
we burned out the motor. Either way we got mults and it was worthwhile.

For an all youth team, I think we did pretty well.
Antennas:
160- inverted L
80 - rotatable dipole
40 - 4 el to EU; 2 el to JA; phased verticals to SA
20 - 5 el to EU; 3/3 to JA; 3 el to SA
15 - 4 el to EU; 4/4 to JA; 3 el to SA
10 - 5 el to EU; 5/5 to JA; 5 el to SA

Bray KC1KUG (16)