[3830] CQWW CW K2AX M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 28 23:59:21 EST 2021

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: K2AX
Operator(s): NY3B N2UU KE2D
Station: K2AX

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: New Jersey
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:   98    14       50
   80:  516    18       76
   40:  757    31      110
   20: 1240    32      115
   15:  613    29      110
   10:  107    19       37

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Band conditions seemed pretty good most of the time.  However, 10m was nothing
like SSB last month and 15m wasn’t as strong either.  We had a better score in
2019 by a few hundred thousand points.  This year I wasn’t able to put in as
much time as I have in the past because of family commitments during
Thanksgiving.  NY3B did the bulk of the operating with N2UU and me filling in
when we were able. My personal highlight was when JM1XCW called in on 40m at
21:17z right at the time of the gray line.  I had the beam pointed NE but he was
patient and we got him in the log.  NY3B had worked a sizable number of JA
stations both afternoons on 20m but I wasn’t expecting to hear one on 40m at
that time.  N2UU came and helped at some key times and helped keep things going.
 We had some trouble with one of the WinKeyers and N1MM the first night when it
was locking up repeatedly despite reboots and shut-downs.  I stopped for a
little while and swapped it out with a MORTTY I had in my field kit and then we
were back in business.  Thanks as always to Mark, Donna and their family for the
use of the great station and letting us invade their home for the weekend.  73,
KE2D.