[3830] CQWW CW WS7L SO(A)AB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 29 00:19:30 EST 2021

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: WS7L
Operator(s): WS7L
Station: WS7L

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: Oregon

  160:   17     9        9
   80:   50    15       18
   40:  143    26       52
   20:  353    31       83
   15:  230    29       56
   10:   27     8        7
------------------------------
Total:  820   118      225  Total Score = 738,822

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Well that was fun! Although the low bands were weak and the EU openings were
weak and/or short (apart from OH, who for some reason show up on just about any
band at any time regardless of where my antenna is pointed), I did manage 27 of
the EU entities, mostly on 20 m. And the bottomless pools of JA operators made
this a very good time indeed. I ran JAs (with the occasional DU, YB, BY, HL
etc.) for hours on end on 15 and 20. On the second afternoon I "ran"
them by clicking from one spot to the next on the available Q's display. Get to
the bottom of the list and start over at the top with a fresh batch! Got just
about as good a rate as I could get by CQing. This is the first CQWW in several
years where I've logged DXCC in a weekend. 101 countries total went in the log.
I avoided getting into DX pileups, and was rewarded late in the game by snagging
several rare-ish Africans whose pileups had finally died off: EL, 9G, C5, C9,
3B8. It'll be fun to analyze the log and see how many distinct JA call signs I
have.

In addition, I logged a total of 35 zones. I missed 21, 22, 23, 34, and 36.

K4 + KPA1500, DB-18 (with non-working 40 m) up 20 m, HF-2V for 40/80, homebrew
vertical plus N6RK loop on 160.

73 and thanks for the Q's
Carl WS7L