[3830] CQWW CW N3ND SO(A)AB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 29 08:05:59 EST 2021

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: N3ND
Operator(s): N3ND
Station: N3ND

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: Wake Forest, NC

  160:    5     2        2
   80:   92    11       44
   40:  520    29      102
   20:  673    30      103
   15:  423    25       96
   10:   48    13       24

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

For the first time, I ran this contest S&P only just for kicks!  Had a blast
and the Q's kept coming with a contest rate of over 88 Q's per hour. Can only
imagine if I had some runs.

The K4D was amazing. So quiet and the signals just seem to pop out of the
background - much better than the K3/K3S.  While I had noticed this before, it
was even more prevalent with a loud and crowded band.  Had an issue on 15M with
the panadapter locking up but remembered that I had added an HDMI screen capture
device to the K4D video output.  Pulled that out and added some #43 ferrite to
the remaining HDMI cable at the K4D and had zero issues afterwards. Wish 10
opened like 15 did.

I noticed the RX bandwidth seemed wider than the nomenclature suggested, but
chalked that up to being DSP with no center peaking like a crystal filter rig. I
just narrowed the filter. Never had an issue.  Ran the APF function on some very
weak signals and it made the difference.  The RX never let me down.

Nice to have the external panadapter display at front and center above the
keyboard, the external display showing only the signals (rather than showing the
main radio display).

K4D/KPA1500