[3830] CQWW CW K1BX SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 29 10:08:54 EST 2021

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: K1BX
Operator(s): K1BX
Station: K1BX

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 29:30

  160:   15     7        6
   80:  117    13       54
   40:  331    22       85
   20:  526    28       96
   15:  648    24       96
   10:   56    16       33

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

A few hours after the start my antennas were iced up. 160, 80 and 40 meter
antennas were now resonant below the bands. I couldn't match the 160. Chose an
early bedtime. In the middle of the Saturday morning run the SO2R controller and
PC locked up. After rebooting it was still dead. Had to rewire for 1 radio and
grab a Winkeyer. I checked the SO2R controller later and it worked so I wired
back to SO2R. I think there is some residual voltage that has to drain for it to
recover. It worked fine in the previous contests this fall. This scenario
repeated twice more. 160 and 80 condx were poor for my LP Saturday night so more
sleep. Monitored 10 each day to pick up the few EU stations that came through.
But I knew the lower flux wouldn't repeat the SSB condx. Still a fun time. I
couldn't find the checkbox for the Classic Murphy category.

160 INV L
80 INV V @ 60'
40 Driven element from XM240 @ 55'
20, 15 X7 @ 50', A3 South @ 40'