[3830] CQWW CW K1IR(KE1J) SO(A)AB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 29 14:39:40 EST 2021

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: K1IR
Operator(s): KE1J
Station: K1IR

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:   98    15       51
   80:  254    23       78
   40: 1023    31      109
   20:  933    31      112
   15:  662    31      112
   10:   71    19       38

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks to Jim, K1IR for letting me operate his station.

The station was damaged in lightning, so Jim spent countless of hours trying to
get something for me to operate from. He managed to get at least one antenna for
each band and one radio working before he left for Italy.

I couldn’t do any antenna switching so had no idea what antenna I was using on
10, 15 and 20.
When I arrived on Friday to do my the pre-contest testing the 80m 4 square had
super high SWR, quick trip into the woods to pick one of the verticals with the
best SWR and used that as a single vertical.
8 hours in the contest the 40m Green Heron controller started to show ‘NO
MOTION’ error and didn’t want to turn… it was stuck to N/W, managed to get
it pointing to EU after a few hours of trying. Now it was fixed to EU for the
rest of the contest.
While trying to get the 40m rotor to turn the other Green Heron used for the
high 10/15 and 20 also started to act with ‘NO MOTION’.
At this stage I was ready to give up. Turned it off and took a 30 min break.
When I turned it back on it was working!!

Jim gave me a goal of 5M points to the club and that was keeping me pushing that
F1 button.

Again, thanks to Jim and Sue for allowing me to operate.