[3830] CQWW CW K9CT M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 29 16:21:37 EST 2021

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: K9CT
Operator(s): N9CK KB9OWD WT2P N9TK K9CT NE9U
Station: K9CT

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: IL

  160:  180    22       64
   80:  736    31       97
   40: 1698    37      122
   20: 1931    38      132
   15: 1295    32      121
   10:  134    19       39

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Well that was fun! It was great to get the team back together and with the help
of propagation and many QSO partners we had a blast.

10m was basically missing the whole weekend. We had fair openings during the
phone contest and thought we would see that again. There were evidently some
disturbances during the contest that weakened the signals. Sunday morning was
going along well until about 1700Z and then somebody threw a switch. I was
comparing our RBN against K1RX and KC1XX to EU during the contest and saw
complete dropouts from us compared to them....although their signals went down
as well.

We enjoyed the online competition with K1RX. It was a dogfight for quite a
while. They get an hour of EU propagation that we don't get each day but we were
really trying to make up the difference. I think KC1XX did not get online
because he didn't want us to feel bad!! XX crushed it. Congratulations to all of
you for the great operating and competition.

Our team never loses weight over a weekend and this was a food fest. Contesting,
eating and great conversation make for a great time. Pizza and beer at the end
to hash over the 48 hours. Always fun!

We will be back for the ARRL DX and CQ WPX tests. Thanks for the great weekend!

73, Craig K9CT