[3830] CQWW CW HI3AA SOSB160 Classic LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 29 18:42:06 EST 2021

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: HI3AA
Operator(s): HI3AA
Station: HI3AA

Class: SOSB160 LP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 11.5
Remote Operation

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Had a lot of fun in the Top Band, beside I just could operate few hours because
work duties.

Antennas performed really well with the 2.0 upgrades.

Next trip to DR will be upgrading the RDF on FPA antenna (maybe will add a
de-phaser) and will update the main firmware of the controllers.
2nd night was more noisy (atmospherically) but not bad at all.
Elliptic filter took care of the unwanted local broadcast signals, it wasn't an
issue for me at all.

Used the main radio (Flex 6600) and not the secondary (Flex 6400) because the
6600 receivers combined are better for top band.
Internet ISP didn't perform well (average 900 Kbps - 1MBPS Upload) on peak
times, but thanks to the audio compression routine in the firmware I received
all packets from audio with no mayor issues. The delay for the CW paddle key was
not bad at all (45 - 80 mS).

All operations were performed remotely from Jensen Beach, Florida at NK4DX HQ.

Equipment used:
-Flex 6600
-Flex Maestro B
-EzHam CFL 160M antenna (Marconi feed)
-EzHam Dual Direction FPA Antenna
-EzHam Elliptic Preamplifier
-EzHam High Impedance Transformers Series (9:1, 5:1 and 3:1)

At HI3AA station we consider CMN as a big threat (specially on top band) so we
take special care from the antenna feed lines to the power supply to avoid it.

Top band is about been experimenting with issues and studying all the time, from
the concept to practical applications, I really enjoy this.

The use of decoders is strictly prohibited at HI3AA. Big NO-NO.

73 DE Ez, NK4DX/HI3AA
CW Forever