[3830] CQWW CW M6T M/M HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Nov 30 08:34:30 EST 2021

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: M6T
Operator(s): G2NF G4CXT G4TSH G4PIQ G0DVJ G4MJS GM4AFF G0RTN G4BWP
Station: M6T

Class: M/M HP
QTH: JO02RF

  160:  1370    18       77
   80:  2864    37      114
   40:  3836    38      140
   20:  2554    39      132
   15:  1469    37      124
   10:   531    28       94
-------------------------------

Once again, CQWW CW is past, we're all back home, and I think I've just about
thawed out.

Firstly - although it was cold, windy and wet, we were very lucky with the
weather. There were major storms in much of the UK, but our little corner just
avoided it. We actually had much windier conditions during the SSB leg the
month
previous. Our thoughts go out to those who suffered antenna damage and power
outages as a result of the awful storm. It was however very wet, cold and
muddy.

We were rather short handed for this event for a variety of reasons including
illness, diary clashes and some strange view that it might be nicer to do the
contest from home, or even from a beach on an African island than from a cold,
windy muddy field in Suffolk - I just can't understand it... Also, not all our
operators were available full time. This meant that for much of the contest, we
only had one operator on a band and weren't able to use the second radio
positions effectively - but we spread the resources around as best we could.

Conditions generally seemed pretty good - though 10m was much more
disappointing
than during the SSB leg. There was at least short run (or maybe a walk) of US
stations on 10m on the Sunday.

I should call out fantastic focussed efforts from Fred, G4BWP on 10m who
single-handedly squeezed every last ounce from the band, and from Justin, G4TSH
who did the same on 80m - including an outstanding 224 QSOs during the first
hour.

Congratulations to the team at TK0C who did an outstanding job.

160m : Ops : G2NF, G4CXT
K3 + FT1000MP + Acom 2000
26m tall T + Inv-V Dipole @ 28m
180m Beverages NW, SE, NNE/SSW. 9 circle Rx array.

80m : Ops : G4TSH
K3S + Ten Tec Titan
4sq + Inv-V Dipole @ 28m
180m Beverages NW, SE.

40m : Ops : G4PIQ, G0DVJ, G4MJS
2 x K3 + Ten Tec Titan
3el @ 30m + 402CD @ 30m
180m Beverages NW, SE, NNE/SSW, Dipole @ 10m

20m : Ops : GM4AFF, G0RTN
2 x K3 + Alpha 99
204CD @ 30m + 204CD @ 30m

15m : Ops : G4MJS, G0RTN
K3 + FT1000MP + Ten Tec Titan
2 x 5el stack @ 30m / 18m
Bencher Skyhawk @ 30m

10m : Ops : G4BWP
K3 + Acom 2000
7el @ 30m + 5el @ 24m

Thanks to everyone for the QSOs, and see you in the next one.

73

Andy, G4PIQ