[3830] CQWW CW YT6X(YT1HA) SO(A)AB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Nov 30 19:41:07 EST 2021

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: YT6X
Operator(s): YT1HA
Station: YT6X

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: Nr.Belgrade
Operating Time (hrs): 35:00

  160:    0     0        0
   80: 1143    24       86
   40:  549    33      108
   20:  301    33      100
   15:  194    29       88
   10:    5     4        5

Club: Contest Club Serbia

Comments:

I started to prepare one week before CQ WW CW. I took six days of vacation to
prepare antennas and shack. Everything worked nice in LZ DX contest.After
spending few days on location i returned to Belgrade. Arrived on location on
friday and WX was not nice. Heavy wind was outside so i put down antenna for 40
and 80m. I was looking at 3 element which is 9 m high and prayed that wind don't
brake him. Later afternoon wind stopped so i put up inv vee for 80m in the air.
Also did same thing with simple fishing rod vertical with only 3 radials for
40m. I broke two fishing rods (they were to old) trying to put antenna vertical
in the air. On my 3rd try i managed. It was dark outside and didn't have
strenght to prepare 2x 20m of wire to put it on a inv vee for 160m later. So it
was 6pm local time and i tried SWR. 80m was perfect but 40m was not ok, so i
leave one radial on the ground and the other erased 1m from the ground. When i
returned to check SWR it was perfect but some noise started (i think it is from
street light). Before when i was operating on 40m the band was so quiet but not
any more. Seem's to me that i need to brake some street lights in the future:)
I did not sleep at all, i was listening the bands and started the contest on 80
meters. Well it was amazing,80m was a place to be in this contest. Two days
before contest i got my contest call YT6X. I was thinking just to work 80m but
decided to work all and to put my call in the database. Call is nice, good for
pileup's and short comparing to YT1HA.
On high bands i worked so many nice DX, and when was time to operate on 20m and
15m, i was sleeping second day. Even with noise i am satisfied with DXCC on 40m,
and i will replace this fishing rod with real aluminium vertical antenna soon.
DX on 80m :

188 USA + 18 VE STATIONS, 6 JA, 4 BY...

FY5KE,PJ4A,PJ4KA,PJ2T,PP5JR,TF1AM,RA0LQ CAME ON MY CQ - MANY THANKS!

OTHER NICE DX ON 80M:

VE2IM,V26K,TI7W,P40XX,3B8M,JW7QIA,TF3SG,PZ5CO,ZF1A,TO7A,V31MA,XE2X,WP3C,KJ0D/KP2,9V1YC(FIRST
CALL IN ZOO),E2A,A62A,EA9AZ,VP9I,NP4Z,9G5FI,ZF5T.

Operated 35 hours and 13 hours of good sleep.
Equipment: YAESU FT 1000 MP MARK V FIELD
HM linear amplifier TROL 3xGI7B tubes
ANT: 80m inv vee, 40m vertical with 3 radials and 3el 3 bander for 20,15 and
10m.
Thanks everyone and cu next year!

73 Zik YT6X (YT1HA)