[3830] CaQP K6RO SO LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 3 19:42:37 EDT 2021

                    California QSO Party - 2021

Call: K6RO
Operator(s): K6RO
Station: K6RO

Class: SO LP
QTH: LANG
Operating Time (hrs): 2:49

   20:          90
   15:          84
   10:
--------------------
Total:   0     174  Mults = 40  Total Score = 13,840

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

I had intended to do a full time mixed mode low power operation ,but my plans
changed.
On Sunday ,I went to my doc for a simple breathing treatment ,and ended up in an
ambulance . They took an EKG ,and didn't like what they saw. Soon after they had
me out,and had a camera in my arteries looking for blockage. When I woke up,I
was told all was clear,but I had other issues. I was told I needed a pacemaker
,as my heart rate was 33,and blood pressure was too high.Tuesday was a long day
waiting for 3pm to get this done. When I woke up,they started me on meds to get
my BP under control.
Long story,but I went home Thursday afternoon,with zero thoughts of doing this
contest ..I was told 4-6 weeks with no tennis or even moving my left arm.

Saturday morning ,I came in the shack ..turned on my radio ,got N1MM all set up
,and then thought about this for a minute.. I decided to go back to bed. Today
..Sunday I turned the radio on ,and scanned 15 meters. I heard my neighbor N6RV
CQ'ing ,and he was so loud ,I had to work him. He was surprised that I gave him
number 1 . I decided that 1 qso was not enough ,and then started to CQ . I
finished with 174 q's . Back to bed,and turned on the Ram's game.
No pain today which is good,and hope tomorrow is better.
Thanks for all the Q's,and hope to see you guys in the net one.
73,
Larry k6ro

K3S
Heil Pro7
JK Navassa ..2 elements 15/20 at 37 feet.
N1MM