[3830] CaQP K7ZOO/6 SO CntyExp LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 3 21:57:05 EDT 2021

                    California QSO Party - 2021

Call: K7ZOO/6
Operator(s): K7ZOO
Station: K7ZOO/6

Class: SO LP
Class Overlay: CntyExp
QTH: Valley of the Names

  160:   18     14
   80:   67     14
   40:  116     36
   20:  289     78
   15:  161     25
   10:
--------------------

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

The location chosen in IMPERIAL County was absolutely PERFECT! I operated from
"Valley of the Names," about 10 miles north of Yuma AZ (yes, it's in
California!).  It's a desert mesa, absolutely NO RFI, with a large flat open
space for antennas.  For antennas I used: 160 meters - inverted L; 80/40 meters
- 135 ft doublet at 28 ft flat top; 20 meters - 1/4 vertical w/ elevated
radials; 15 meters - 1/4 vertical w/ elevated radials; 10 meters - same 135 ft
doublet.  I finished constructing the 160m inverted L this past week and tuned
it (trimmed it) at the operating location... it worked like a dream!!  Also
notable was the new radio... a Yaesu FTdx10; absolutely the best radio I've ever
used (and I've used many).  Thanks to all the people that I worked this past
weekend, and thanks to Dean for managing a first-rate contest.  de K7ZOO