[3830] CaQP W6IA M/M CntyExp LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 3 22:37:07 EDT 2021

                    California QSO Party - 2021

Call: W6IA
Operator(s): W6IA W7EEE
Station: W6IA

Class: M/M LP
Class Overlay: CntyExp
QTH: GLEN

  160:
   80:   37     38
   40:  117    122
   20:  178     67
   15:   52     18
   10:
--------------------

Club: West Valley ARA

Comments:

Operated from a motel near Willows, CA, just off Interstate 5 about 80 miles
north of Sacramento.  As this location is in the Central Valley, elevation 138
feet, we didn't have any extra benefit from mountains nor down-sloping terrain.
At times we felt like we were struggling to be heard, especially on SSB.  For
those on CW and Phone where we asked for repeats...thank you!  The low bands
seemed to be in pretty good shape Saturday night with plenty of activity on 80
meters which was a highlight. It was also nice to see 15 meters in play as
well.

We missed SD and NT for the sweep; worked 47 of the 58 California counties.

Thanks to Jerry, KD6WKY, who had been on an expedition to Glenn before and
offered us some operational and local dining tips.

Thanks for the Qs!  73, Mark W6IA and Tim, W7EEE