[3830] CaQP AE6Y SO HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 3 23:57:51 EDT 2021

                    California QSO Party - 2021

Call: AE6Y
Operator(s): AE6Y
Station: AE6Y

Class: SO HP
QTH: SCLA

  160:    42    14
   80:   175    66
   40:   307   180
   20:   486   437
   15:   311   113
   10:     4     1
--------------------
Total:  1325   811  Mults = 58  Total Score = 324,626

Club: Mother Lode DX/Contest Club

Comments:

Conditions were somewhat different than last year, as evidenced by stronger 15m
numbers, but in the end, I had one less QSO this year than last, and the score
is about 2k lower due to a slightly different Phone/CW mix.

Mults seemed plentiful.  I was feeling good in the first hour when VY1CO called
in on 20 CW.  Oddly, my last three mults were MR, WA and NH.  When AE6JV in NH
called for NH on 20 CW, I think I surprised him at my joy in making the sweep,
all in the first four hours of the contest.  I was so pleased, I used the excuse
to take a short lunch break and exult to the XYL, then went to 20 phone, and
immediately got called by Bill again and could thank him properly.  Actually, of
course, all three of these were plentiful in the contest (my log shows 8 MR
contacts, 49 WA, and 17 NH).  But I don't think a sweep has ever come to me in
the first four hours before.  And, of course, there are years when making a
sweep becomes a cliff hanger, and years when one has to be satisfied with 57.

So thanks to all the normally rare states and provinces that were well
represented this year, and to the efforts of the organizers, particularly Dean,
N6DE, for actively promoting participation.

Another grand Party!

73, Andy, AE6Y