[3830] Oceania SSB VK2CZ SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 4 00:27:05 EDT 2021

                    Oceania DX Contest, Phone - 2021

Call: VK2CZ
Operator(s): VK2CZ
Station: VK2CZ

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Sydney
Operating Time (hrs):

   20:  364   239
Total:  480   265  Total Score = 250,001

Sadly using 2 broken antennas this event, relying on some pretty decent
conditions to at least put in half an effort. One 20m session, the band-scope
showed a complete flat line, so decided to CQ into dead air anyway, knowing the
band rarely closes for me here, and surprisingly bolstered the log nicely! Still
stymied by the lack of energy side effects from Leukemia, the event was a neat
escape even in 1 hour bursts I could manage here and there.

Very small handful of North American stations only, which really surprised me,
but aware the concurrent CQP event had their attention big time.

I can certainly give Justin G0KSC a courtesy nod, with some great performance
from my $300 (bent) 5 element 20m OWA yagi using his design..