[3830] CaQP N6O(@N6RO) M/M HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 4 17:05:27 EDT 2021

                    California QSO Party - 2021

Call: N6O
Operator(s): K3EST K6AW KI6NJW N6RO N6WM WA6O WX5S
Station: N6RO

Class: M/M HP
QTH: CCOS
Remote Operation

  160:    66     13
   20:   692   1285
   15:   433    316
   10:     5      1
--------------------
Total:  1917   2402  Mults = 58  Total Score = 611,900

This year, we barely beat last year's score.  Our QSO totals on 160, 80, 40 and
20 were down from 2020. Compensating factor was a big increase on 15m and more
CW 3 pointers. The setup to provide simultaneous CW and SSB on 80, 40 and 20m,
required substantial re-cabling antenna feeds to the six stations (I hope I can
remember how to get it back to "normal")!  We had a few technical
issues, and a few operator foibles, but we exceeded my projection of 600K.
Here's who did what:

K3EST racked up a great 20m SSB tally, and a substantial count on 80 SSB.  Iron
man Bob strikes agn!

K6AW was another Ironman, equaling his 20 CW of last year, but lower count on 80
CW.

KI6NJW is K3EST's daughter.  It was great to have Dominique back with us after a
few years back east, raising Bob's twin granddaughters. She racked up 230 Qs on
40m SSB during the daylight hours. A female voice attracts attention!

N6WM, our 15m band captain, more than doubled the band totals compared to last
year,in his 12 hour BIC, The band was in good shape, many EUs logged.  This, in
spite of internet problems remoting into the station on Saturday, and other
commitments on Sunday.

Another extreme BIC was IRONMIKE, WA6O.  Mike captained the 40m CW rig for 23
hours in the last 24 hours of CQP.

The other half of the 40m team was Matt, WX5S, doing the heavy lifting on SSB
during the dark hours.

N6RO's primary job was 160m. Did relief work on 80CW, 40CW, 15, and a couple Qs
on 10m. Most time was spent fixing station problems, including adjusting
antennas and power levels to minimize inter-station interference, coaching, and
brewing the CONTEST CHILI!

Five other members of the Radio Oakley team, manned four county expeditions:
N6M (WD6T, K7GK);  NS6T(K6KM);  NT6V;  W6DMW.  All hands were on deck!

Tnx to all for the 4319 Qs, CU next year.
Ken N6RO