[3830] CaQP NT6Q(N5ZO) SO HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 4 20:53:21 EDT 2021

                    California QSO Party - 2021

Call: NT6Q
Operator(s): N5ZO
Station: N5ZO

Class: SO HP
QTH: SDIE

  160:    38    11
   20:   608   426
   15:   335    92
   10:     5
--------------------
Total:  1678   588  Mults = 58  Total Score = 360,006

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Good race on online scoreboard with Bill W9KKN at NW6P.  I think our stations
are probably quite comparable and not in California superstation class.  I was
aware that MJ and KKN were most likely not on this year from YI and TQT so I
thought it would be good year to see how things would play from here in SO HP
which I have not operated from my station since 2015 and maybe I did not have
all station together yet that time.  I had decided to double down with my last
years LP effort strategy and operated even more CW this year (74 % vs 70 % last
year).  I could figure early that Bill was operating way more SSB but as I was
able to stay ahead and somewhat increase score gap as contest progressed I
didn't see reason to adjust what I was doing.  In hindsight, I could have
probably spent some time on 40 m SSB and work couple hundred QSOs quickly, but
somehow I felt busy enough on CW.  It is tough to beat the point advantage of
CW, and it is much easier for me to use 2 radios effectively on CW. Very nice to
see 15 m open this time.  There were plenty of stations in all but 2 states.
VY1 came answering just after 00z and I worked 3 QSOs with 2 different stations
in KL7, those 2 were rarest multipliers.  This year there were plenty of VE6
stations which was rarest multiplier I worked last year.  I also worked few
Europeans both on 20 and 15 meters.  Score is best I ever done and it even beats
current M/S record which we set with N6AN from this same station with mostly
same set-up in 2018.  And M/S stations can operate whole 30 hrs.  So that M/S
record is ready to fall with some more sunspots now and serious effort from
reasonable station.  Huge numbers again from many out of state stations, so this
QSO Party is really best of them all and very popular.  The rules are just right
and organizers of NCCC are working hard to make it great event each year.  Tnx
for QSOs ! de Marko N5ZO