[3830] CaQP K6WSC SO(A) CntyExp HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Oct 5 14:04:13 EDT 2021

                    California QSO Party - 2021

Call: K6WSC
Operator(s): K6WSC
Station: K6WSC

Class: SO(A) HP
Class Overlay: CntyExp
QTH: SDIE
Operating Time (hrs): 20:41

   20:  360     50
--------------------
Total:  947     50  Mults = 56  Total Score = 164,696

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

This was my fourth California County Expedition from the Anza Borrego Desert in
eastern San Diego County, this time in a Vrbo vacation rental. When I reserved
the house, I told the host what I was going to be doing, so there were no
issues.

Operating assisted in-state is primarily useful for monitoring band openings and
one’s own skimmer spots. (I wish I could have figured out how to change the
reported state from AZ to CA in my own skimmer spots – something I need to
figure out.) In a contest that demands running almost 100% of the time,
traditional assisted S&P was only useful for a handful of Qs, and then only
for finding CA stations on the low bands at night.

Rig: Yaesu FTdx10
Amp: KPA-500
Antennas:
1) Shortened-80 40 20 fan inverted-V on a 25-foot mast.
2) 15 & 10 fan inverted-V a little lower on the same mast.
3) 20m full size quarter wave elevated vertical with the base at 16 feet with
four resonant radials.

Thanks to everyone involved with running the great CA QSO Party!

73,
Bill / K6WSC

PS Hope to see everyone in the AZQP next!