[3830] CWopsT K9ZO Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Oct 7 00:26:27 EDT 2021

                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Oct 6

Call: K9ZO
Operator(s): K9ZO
Station: K9ZO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: il

Total:  152  Mults = 138  Total Score = 20,976

Club: Metro DX Club

Comments:

Lots of CQing - 20 CQs and no answer!  Started on 40 and went to 80 after 3
minutes! Signals were weak.  K3PP was 579 and N3JT was 559.  Back to 40 ater 12
minutes. At 1338 had 100 QSOs, but rate tanked.  Kept pushing.

Immediately after the session the generator self tested.  YES!  It did not work
the last two power failures and I had not heard it test for weeks, but I found
the battery cable connector was cracked (by a service company) so I replaced the
cable and cleaned connections.  Hopefully this is fixed before winter.

N7MB came over yesterday and we adjusted the height of the 80 meter four square
and connected the phasing lines.  I took the generator out with an old TS120 and
made a contact.  20 db difference when changing directions.  Radio quit, and it
started to rain, so I packed it up.  Trenching about 700 ft, feedline, and
control cable are the next things.