[3830] 432FallSprnt K1DY Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Oct 7 12:31:28 EDT 2021

                    432 MHz Fall Sprint - 2021

Call: K1DY
Operator(s): K1DY
Station: K1DY

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN54JQ

Hi all, I had a fun time in the Sprint last night. Managed 17Q's in 13 grids in
3 hours of operating. Didn't work my own grid or anything north or east. Well I
did work Stu, VE2XX, in FN25 so that's a little North of me I guess.. Best DX
was Dave, K1RZ, in FM19 at 554 miles, right before I packed it in. That was on
CW with pretty darn good signals. VE3ZV in EN92 heard me on CW when I was
working W1GHZ but we never managed a QSO.. That path is a few miles longer than
K1RZ. Anyway, I made 10 QSO's on SSB, 7 on CW and ZERO on digital modes. I did
check FT-8 occasionally but didn't see anything I hadn't already worked.. There
was a LOT of QSB, but condx seemed to improve later in the evening..

anyway, 17 in 13 = 221 score woo hoo!

bill, K1DY in Maine