[3830] NCCC Sprint N6ZFO LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Oct 8 00:17:09 EDT 2021

                    NCCC Sprint - Oct 8

Call: N6ZFO
Operator(s): N6ZFO
Station: N6ZFO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): .5

  160:   0      0
   80:  13      9
   40:  15     13
   20:   0      0
   15:   0      0
Total:  28     22  Total Score = 616

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Went quickly to vineyard 9 mins before NS. 0.5 mi RT and 140 fr elevation gain
(ie 14 story climb).  Made that easily with 90 secs to spare.  Got going but
while workin Greg, NA8V on 40 m,  110v power failed, putting me in total
darkness as the system failed to switch gracefully between battery and
commercial power.   Forgot the phone was in my pocket . .  So lost about 6 mins.
 And before NS discovered that a very large Tesla tuck, supposed to go to my
neighbor’s house, had missed the turn and came all the way to the top.  During
the day we finished retrieving and stacking 1/2 cord of beautiful oak, a 2year
supply for our Danish Morsoe wood stove.  Amounts to 20 cents per day on
yr-round basis.  The joy of CA.
73 Bill N6ZFO