[3830] Makrothen RTTY K3MM SO/Multi Xcvr HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 10 13:44:06 EDT 2021

                    Makrothen RTTY Contest - 2021

Call: K3MM
Operator(s): K3MM
Station: K3MM

Class: SO/Multi Xcvr HP
QTH: MD

Total: 1299  Total Score = 7,452,552

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

My first time ever in this contest.  Interesting conditions with the MUF on the
rise. Without multipliers, the strategy is a bit simpler...go for rate and beam
the DX populations. With limited participation, passing DX was important and I
was impressed how effective it was.  Anticipating a 10M EU opening after 15M
opened fairly early, I kept checking for 10M skims and such, but really didnt
see much.  20 got slow, so  I took a little time to personally check it out
around 1400z and was surprised by a couple of good signals from Germany but no
depth with CQ's going unanswered.  I came back around 1500z and tried again,
with just a few calls and a slow initial rate, but started passing from 15m and
the band lit up over the next half hour with signals from all over western EU.
Fun stuff!