[3830] Makrothen RTTY KG4IGC SO/Single Xcvr LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 10 15:06:41 EDT 2021

                    Makrothen RTTY Contest - 2021

Call: KG4IGC
Operator(s): KG4IGC
Station: KG4IGC

Class: SO/Single Xcvr LP
QTH: South Carolina
Operating Time (hrs): 16:33

Total:  343  Total Score = 1,369,666

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Comments:

0000 Fri 40 in rough shape, worked mostly stateside to North and Midwest, 80
around 10 PM was rough but still was able to work Italy & a couple of
Caribbean stations.

Started hearing Bonaire, Costa Rica, Mexico, and a couple of stations from the
Caribbean on 40 around 930PM. Tried using Gap Challenger, was able to work a few
Stateside stations but eventually went back to the Super Loop.

Switched up to 80 when I ran out of stations and worked a couple more stateside
and Canadian stations around 10PM, traffic was light, band very noisy.

Eu started coming in with QSB around 10PM, hearing Denmark, Germany, Ukrain
around midnight on 40.

1245 80 Ran for a bit, difficult to work most stations, hearing stations from
the Midwest mainly.

1:30 AM back to 40, tried to run/No GO switched to S&P. Hearing EU & saw
one JA call, but he faded out and EU is hard to work. Worked KL7SB in BP40 at
1:27 7.044.647 too about 5 calls for him to pull out my call.

Worked F5OAM in France 1:34, VERY difficult for him to copy me, took several
calls despite his signals being 5x5.

Saturday:
Started right at 12:00 on 20 meters, semi decent opening into the upper east
coast of EU, worked stations in Finland, Denmark, & on down to Italy &
Greece. Had a small opening into the Baltics and was able to work Latvia &
Serbia. Heard but was not able to work a few stations out of EU Russia and the
Ukraine.

I switched over to 15 meters around 1PM and worked a mix of EU and stateside
doing S&P as running proved to be unproductive. Couple of good stations
worked out of Cyprus, Central America, and the Upper East coast of EU. Pretty
much switched back and forth between 15 and 20 trying to find new stations to
work, pickin's were getting slim.

Had a couple of good catches around 5PM, worked Uruguay, a couple of Japanese
stations, Bonaire, and Hawaii. Switched to 40 meters around 6 PM but didn't have
much luck with new DX so made the decision to finish the run on 20 where I found
and worked two Alaska stations. One thing that I noticed in this contest was
quite a bit of QSB, and that my Hex antenna which is only 15 feet off of the
ground outperformed both Super loops and the Horizontal loop.

Sunday: Got up early so I could start at 4AM, but found that to be a waste of
time. Not very many stations to work on 80 or 40. Was able to catch HI3MM in
Honduras and PJ4/DH8BQA on 80 and CX7SS out of Uruguay and XE2T. 20 & 15
were equally disappointing later in the morning when the bands opened up. Heard
Asiatic Russia but unable to work them due to QSB. Seemed like most stations
worked were either stateside or upper EU countries like EU Russia, Ukraine,
Bulgaria, Slovenia, and Belarus.

Best contact today was with TF3AO in Iceland (have not heard Iceland or
Greenland in quite some time. Things were very slow this morning so decided to
finish out on 15 meters, worked Ukraine, Costa Rica, EU Russia, France, and
Lithuania before shutting down at 9:45 AM. Overall, despite the bands being
iffy, I was pretty pleased with my score this year, as I managed to do better
than last year. in 2000, my score was 792,779 with 204 Q's. I was #79 in the
world & #25 in North America.

Many TNX to all who worked me, and hope to see you again next year!

Rig: FT-DX3000
PWR: 100 watts
Antennas: 272\\\' horizontal loop, NA4RR Hex Beam, Ground mounted Gap
Challenger, 2X 20/40 Super Loops, Maco V5/8 10 meter vertical
SDRPlay RSP1, RSP-DX

Love competitive contesting and live in South Carolina? Check out South
Carolina\'s premier contesting club! swampfoxcontestgroup.com