[3830] SAC SSB TF3T SOSB/20 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 10 17:45:16 EDT 2021

                    Scandinavian Activity Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: TF3T
Operator(s): TF3T
Station: TF3T

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: HP93lu

   20: 1364    66
Total: 1364    66  Total Score = 216,480

I decided to go for it on 20m , and just run run run...

I used a stack match for the first time, 4 el yagi towards EU fixed, but I had
my OB9-5 on a rotor. This was a gamechanger for me

I could run EU better with the OB9-5 towards US, as it lowered the LOUD not so
friendly Scandinavian stations by some few dB's !! ;)

and I could work both US and EU - and later on Friday I could just concentrate
on US - so around 21:00 I had 55% NA/SA

Then as clockwork around 21:00 - green slime comes over and puts a blanket over
our little island - and I took a dinner break. I worked ..or actually not,
KL7FCI - he called, I decided to try to turn the rotor, but the controller spun
the antenna to north, I had to tshoot the rotor controller for 30 min, got the
antenna back to west and I had hope, few CA/WA/OR stations ..then at 01:30 band
completely closed, and remained closed until 06:19 - I nearly had a heart attack
when S57DX came boooming in (as usual) - then it slowly picked up. Nice ending
to the contest to get JA and VK's over long path - but this was really the first
time went full retard into the SAC contest ..and it was so fun !! next year SOAB
HP S02R !!! ;)

thanks for all the contacts - 73 de Benni TF3T