[3830] Makrothen RTTY PJ4/DH8BQA SO/Single Xcvr LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 10 18:49:24 EDT 2021

                    Makrothen RTTY Contest - 2021

Call: PJ4/DH8BQA
Operator(s): DH8BQA
Station: PJ4/DH8BQA

Class: SO/Single Xcvr LP
QTH: FK52ud

Total:  631  Total Score = 4,017,993

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Elecraft K3, 100 W, Spiderbeam, Inv-V, GP

Nice one, lots of fun! Really like the distance based scoring and exchange of
gridsquares (maybe as I'm primarily a VHF guy at home, hi).

Part time effort only as sharing the antennas with neighbour Steve, PJ4DX, who
was also working in the SAC-SSB this weekend. So could have been an even better
result, hi.

80 m very noisy so not many QSOs there and 40 m had to provide the low band
QSOs. High bands condx were quite nice! 10 m was wide open to the US on Saturday
with very loud signals, just nobody on! What a pity (and waste of time). 15 m
rocked especially on Sunday. 20 m less good than 15 m (seems typical for the
Caribbean).

Many thanks to Steve (PJ4DX) and Eva (PJ4EVA) for letting me use the antennas
during our holiday stay (a few more days before departing), much appreciated!

73, Olli - PJ4/DH8BQA