[3830] AzQP K7ZOO Cnty Exped SO LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 10 20:25:11 EDT 2021

                    Arizona QSO Party - 2021

Call: K7ZOO
Operator(s): K7ZOO
Station: K7ZOO

Class: Cnty Exped SO LP
QTH: La Paz

  160:    2      2
   80:    5     11
   40:   50     14      1
   20:  105     46     10
   15:   14     13
----------------------------
Total:  176     86     11  CW Mults = 50  Ph Mults = 32  Dig Mults = 10  Total Score = 42,236

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Great contest!  Thank you to ALL of the people I contacted.  Notable QSO's:
OM2VL (multiple contacts, and one SSB!); KI6RRN (thanks for spurring me down to
160m!); W7A (who persevered with my weak 80 m signal and got me 100 bonus
points!); KG6T/M (great job running around AZ with a mobile setup!).  In
addition: good propagation, low noise, and parallel contests to visit and
capture QSO's.  I used a newly-acquired Yaesu FTdx10 (GREAT rig!), 135 ft
non-resonant doublet inverted V at 28 ft; 20m 1/4 vertical w/ 4 elevated
radials, 100w solar panel --> 135 amp-hour of SLAB capacity.  My
unfamiliarity with the radio cost me 4 hours "off the air":  I must
have changed some setting, as the output power went down to ZERO!  I had to set
aside my Yaesu and deployed the backup rig:   FT-817nd.  I  started watching
training videos on JS8Call (blah), and instead made some PSK31 contacts.  After
four hours a text conversation with K7WSC prompted me to reset the FTdx10
firmware to the factory settings -- thankfully that restored the Yaesu's power!
It's an amazing radio; the user just needs more training.  I operated from BLM
land about 3 miles SE of the Cibola National Wildlife Refuge.  Hope to catch you
all next year :)  de K7ZOO