[3830] 222FallSprnt K9JK/R(@C0ROVEROLLA) Rover HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 11 08:29:34 EDT 2021

                    222 MHz Fall Sprint - 2021

Call: K9JK/R
Operator(s): K9JK
Station: C0ROVEROLLA

Class: Rover HP
QTH: IL-EN51/52/61/62

Total:  QSOs = 54  Mults = 29  Total Score = 1,566

Club: Badger Contesters

Comments:

What a pleasure to have some enhanced propagation in the area for a 222 MHz
Sprint!

I'll admit that I started by doing a grid corner dance with another rover for a
quick 16 contacts and 16 multipliers in under 15 minutes but then switching to
'stop and shoot' really paid off with 38 more contacts and 13 more multipliers.
As well, all contacts were made on phone, either FM or SSB, no digital (not even
the 'original digital mode', CW).

Best DX was from EN61 to VE3ZV in EN92 at just over 400 miles but filling in
sweeps with three stations outside the local 4 grids of EN51/52/61/62 added 12
more multipliers since I was able to log EN41, EN53 and EN54 from each of the
four grids I visited. Special thanks to N0URW, W9GA and WA9TT for those
multipliers.

Radio equipment was my 'old faithful' FT-736R driving a DEMI repackaged TELETEC
V220 'brick' amp.

Antennas were a KU4AB square loop but mostly an M-Squared 5 element 'Starter
Series' yagi on a painter's pole mounted in the driver's side back seat window.

As always, thanks to all who were on for this Sprint, to the SVHFS for their
continued sponsorship of the Fall VHF & Up Sprint series and to Bruce,
NT4RT, for his underappreciated efforts to do the behind the scenes work to
support these radiosport events!

73, JK