[3830] MWaveFallSprnt K1RZ Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 11 12:46:37 EDT 2021

                    Microwave Fall Sprint - 2021

Call: K1RZ
Operator(s): K1RZ
Station: K1RZ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FM19JH

Total:  QSOs = 44  Total Score = 10,294

Club: Mt Airy VHF Radio Club

Comments:

The activity was about normal and the propagation on 902 and Up was marginal at
best, especially when compared to how good propagation was Wednesday night for
the 432 Sprint.    With the marginal propagation conditions it took time to
complete some of the contacts, waiting for a peak - be it airplane scatter or
other QSB peak.    Rover N9ZL was out on his usual perch atop Hogback Overlook
on Skyline Drive northern Virginia.  John And i worked five bands while he was
on Hogback and three from the driveway at his home QTH in Winchester VA.   I
worked Marco KD3PD (usually roving) from his home QTH on 902 and 1296.  Also
worked VA3ELE and VE3DS in FN03 on 902.  I further learned that VA3ELE is
building up his home station again after being off on the microwave bands for a
couple seasons.  N1JEZ FN44AR was my Best DX at 622 km.

Thanks to everyone who got on and worked some stations, and to the sponsor for
organizing this activity.

Overall I worked 21 unique stations for 44 contacts.

       Band   Mode  QSOs     Pts  Pt/Q
         902  CW      11    4722 429.3
         902  USB      5     420  84.0
        1240  CW       7    1892 270.3