[3830] MWaveFallSprnt VA3TO Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Oct 12 14:01:43 EDT 2021

                    Microwave Fall Sprint - 2021

Call: VA3TO
Operator(s): VA3TO
Station: VA3TO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: S.Ont.

Total:  QSOs = 19  Total Score = 1,708

Club: The Ontario VHF Association

Comments:

I set up at my favorite rover spot FN03CN. The WX was less than ideal... it
rained off and on all morning (more on than off) so I operated out of the hatch
of my wife's SUV but I got pretty wet nonetheless.

I really only intended to operate on 10 GHz but also brought along 902 (2.5W + 8
El hand held yagi) & 1296 (10W + 11 El loop yagi) to give some locals a few
points. I was pleasantly surprised to work KB8VAO in EN91OV on 902 MHz and N2JMH
in FN12BW on all 3 bands. Needless to say, keeping the yagis aimed by hand for
the longer QSOs on 902 and 1296 was a bit of a challenge. No amazing DX but it
was fun to work a handful of stations on the lower 2 bands with minimalist
equipment.