[3830] NyQP W2M M/MMixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 17 19:41:15 EDT 2021

                    New York QSO Party - 2021

Call: W2M
Operator(s): W3NO AD8J AB2HG
Station: W2M

Class: M/MMixed LP
QTH: YAT

  160:   63      0      5
   80:  201    149      0
   40:  300    246     11
   20:   83      1      6
----------------------------
Total:  647    396     22  Mults = 100  Total Score = 175,600

This was our fifth M/M NYQP at W3NO's unheated summer cottage on Keuka Lake.
However this is the first since 2014.  We set up on the screened porch so we
could enjoy the refreshing cool breeze, rain and thunderstorms.  We spent two
days installing eight dipoles in the trees right next to the lake.  We had a lot
of inter-station interference because the antennas were so close together.  It
made for a rough time but we soldiered on.  The first transmission on 15 meters
crashed all the computers, and required about 20 minutes to get completely
reset. So that band was unusable.  Never heard a signal on 10 meters so that
band was unavailable also.  A truly portable operation with ops driving from
Rochester, Pittsburgh and Asheville.