[3830] NyQP N8II SOMixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 18 15:36:21 EDT 2021

                    New York QSO Party - 2021

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SOMixed LP
QTH: WV

  160:   10      0
   80:   45     63
   40:   71    109
   20:    2      0
----------------------------
Total:  128    172      0  Mults = 60  Total Score = 25,680

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Things went pretty well overall despite a couple of issues. When I got close to
100 40M SSB QSO's, running became very unproductive despite booming signals from
NY. Then, more S&P and less run attempts would have worked better. I spent
too much time on 20 trying to work stations on backscatter; one guy in NIA or
ERI was pretty loud and never heard me on CW. The other issue was a planned trip
to take care of daughter's dogs turned into big misadventure when the battery
died on old Civic (2ndary car) on the way over and I had to hike 2 miles back
home; having a head lamp was nice (only 4 cars were seen the whole way). That
cost me a few Q's, so I was very happy to hit 300 even at the end. It was also
nice to nearly sweep the counties; I missed Bronx (probably not on, on barely
so) and Lewis. My mult is the highest out of state so far reported.

Many thanks to the NY ops who worked different bands and modes and those who
answered my CQ's. The mobiles Tom, N2CU, K2UA, and N2MG really helped with the
Q's and mults, many thanks! N2MG had some massive pile ups from HER and FUL near
the end. I love the finger lakes and stayed in Yates the last trip up there; YAT
was very well represented! I worked W2M there 5 times. The most active counties
were at the extreme ends of NY, two each: NIA, ERI, SUF, and NAS.

73, Jeff