[3830] MWaveFallSprnt K9JK/R(@C0ROVEROLLA) Rover LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Oct 19 21:53:12 EDT 2021

                    Microwave Fall Sprint - 2021

Call: K9JK/R
Operator(s): K9JK
Station: C0ROVEROLLA

Class: Rover LP
QTH: IL-EN61av&EN51xr

Total:  QSOs = 19  Total Score = 1,935

Club: Badger Contesters

Comments:

My 'quest' for this Sprint was to try and collect some QSOs on 3.4G (before we
lose the spectrum around 3456.1 MHz) and on 10G with new Grids from the
locations where I operated.

And my quest was successful. W9SZ/R at EN60af was new on both bands from both of
my operating sites. Thanks to Zack for visiting that location.

KB8U fired up his remote 10G station and we were able to complete from EN61av to
EN71sw (my best dx on 10G for this Sprint at 290 km). Russ and I tried from my
EN51xr location (which would have been 298 km) but neither of us heard the other
station. Thanks to Russ.

Best dx on 3.4G was with W9SZ/R from EN61av at his first location (EN50ue) at
193 km.

I also made use of my Alinco DJ-G29T HT to make four QSOs on 902 MHz FM (we used
902.1 MHz for FM and no one complained!) with stations more local to me...best
dx on 902 was with K3SIW from EN51xr to EN52ta at 43 km.

QSO breakdown by Band and total distance:
902 MHz   4 Qs    134 km
3.4 GHz   6 Qs    715 km
 10 GHz   9 Qs   1068 km

As always, thanks to all who were on for this Sprint, to the SVHFS for their
continued sponsorship of the Fall VHF & Up Sprint series and to Bruce,
NT4RT, for his underappreciated efforts to do the behind the scenes work to
support these radiosport events!

73, JK