[3830] NA Sprint SSB KP4/K6UFO HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Oct 23 22:32:00 EDT 2021

                    NA Sprint SSB Contest - October

Call: KP4/K6UFO
Operator(s): K6UFO
Station: KP4/K6UFO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: PR
Operating Time (hrs): 1
Remote Operation

   80:
   40:  30       .9
   20:   2       .1
---------------------
Total:  32     Mults = 19  Total Score = 608

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

I wanted to see if I could get remote SSB working, and give out a
nice Mult. First, it took a lot longer to get things working then I
anticipated. Then, the remote station was in use DXing to Africa, aaargh...
OK, I wait it out and get on at 0020Z. I could hardly scare up a QSO on
20m, maybe prop already long or I was too far East into darkness. I went
to 40m which worked better, but had some RF into my audio - sorry if I was
hard to understand. I didn't have any way of clamping ferrites on any cables
from 3,700 miles away. I finally was on the air for 1 hour and declared
enough.

KP4/K6UFO Mark

20m – 4 Element SteppIR DB36 @ 75'
40m – 3 Element SteppIR DB36 @ 75'