[3830] TBDC VE3VN Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 24 10:49:48 EDT 2021

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Pre-Stew

Call: VE3VN
Operator(s): VE3VN
Station: VE3VN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FN24

Total:  QSOs = 100  Total Score = 340

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

The farm machinery is out of the fields so I relaid the radials for the big
vertical earlier this month. Unfortunately my Beverage system was smoked 2
months ago by lightning. I rebuilt the remote Beverage selector and installed it
just before sunset. Only one Beverage is working properly and repairs to the
others are still to be done. The direct strike vapourized one Beverage wire, and
that needs to be replaced. Even so the Beverages, as is, did...something...sort
of.

I wasn't inclined to go QRP, and with poor receiving capability I didn't dare
run high power. So 100 watts it was for the brief time I was active. Little DX
heard or worked. Many strong stations seem to be struggling with QRN and didn't
hear me or others calling them.

I hope to have all the Beverages back online in the coming weeks when I can find
the time in the midst of other antenna and tower work.