[3830] NA Sprint SSB N4OX HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 24 18:43:33 EDT 2021

                    NA Sprint SSB Contest - October

Call: N4OX
Operator(s): N4OX
Station: N4OX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Florida
Operating Time (hrs):

---------------------

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Team: South East Sprint Coalition #1

Comments:

As many have already posted, conditions were terrible. 20 meters was not good,
but was not as bad as I have seen it in other Sprints. 40 meters was super,
terrible. I actually quit the contest after not getting an answer for 10 minutes
of CQing on 40 meters. I could only hear stations that I had already worked and
decided to call it quits and take a shower. 80 meters is the weakest band at my
station, but after deciding to get back on the air, it provided the most
contacts for this Sprint. Looking at the claimed scores, it appears there was
great activity and if the bands had been better, there would have been some
great scores. I'm not sure if 40 meters went long, or what the issue was with
the band, but it was the worst I have experienced in any contest.

My thoughts were with the family and friends of Will,AA4NC,who was killed this
week in the crash of his beloved Mooney plane. Will and I have been friends
since 1976 when we both received our Novice licenses. Fly high my friend, you
will be missed by many. 161 AA4NC/W4MR and a host of other callsigns