[3830] TBDC YL1ZF Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Oct 27 00:57:43 EDT 2021

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Pre-Stew

Call: YL1ZF
Operator(s): YL1ZF
Station: YL1ZF

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: KO27AA

Total:  QSOs = 244  Total Score = 1,106

Club: Latvian Contest Club

Comments:

First real on air test for recently installed GP. And also first meteorological
storm test for it since during weekend winds blew at speeds about 30 m/s.
Contest weekend also was technology combability test because besides ham radio
station there are two operational AM MW broadcasting transmitters sharing the
same antenna field and building. There are plenty of spectrum users between 1,5
and 2 Mhz for such a small piece of land :) All tests passed - antenna survived
the storm, I felt I was heard well on ham bands and AM listeners enjoyed their
weekend broadcasts with no interruptions.

Will add more radials and install few BOGs before the first snow. Then along
with renewed Inv-V dipole @20m (almost perfect NVIS antenna for this band) the
station configuration will be ready for winter season.

See you in the log on top band!
73 Kas YL1ZF