[3830] CQWW SSB VA2EBI SO(A)SB15 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 31 17:47:37 EDT 2021

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: VA2EBI
Operator(s): VA2EBI
Station: VA2EBI

Class: SO(A)SB15 HP
QTH: Quebec
Operating Time (hrs):
Remote Operation

   15:  614    26      110

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Not my preferred mode, hard to keep butt in chair for a full weekend, and no way
to solve getting recorded voice messages into Remoterig (advice welcome) makes a
major phone contest a challenge for me.  But I figured it might be time to try
doing a single-band entry for a change.  There was evidence of better high band
propagation before the weekend, but the forecast of a major solar storm was
daunting.  I went ahead, but the opening night was a big disappointment for me
on the low bands.  Saturday was a lot better with plenty of S&P QSO's, so I
chose to do SB15 Assisted High Power, which at the moment is just 200 watts with
my FT5000.  Sunday was excellent, a personal best run on phone (a 106 hour, 240
peak).  I did make some QSO's on all five other bands to give out some points,
but I'm OK with my score on 15, logging 110 DXCC.  Might be good for Top Ten in
suburban Sherbrooke, QC.  Remote operation and N1MM Logger both came through
without any issues.  Thanks for the Q's and the "great signal"
comments.  George VA2EBI