[3830] CQWW SSB KD9MS SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 31 20:47:22 EDT 2021

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: KD9MS
Operator(s): KD9MS
Station: KD9MS

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 21:36

  160:    0     0        0
   80:   33    12       21
   40:   95    21       50
   20:  122    22       59
   15:  187    22       63
   10:  114    20       45

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

What a good weekend, except for the fact that I had to work saturday afternoon
to evening. 10M was awesome! and 15 was the best it's been in years. I actually
worked stations about 28.500. It is different getting used to 10 meters being
open. So where do you spend your time? Most of mine since I missed Saturday was
spent on 10m and 15, evening on 40 and some on 80.

Some "critters" got into my 160 antenna and I think they ruined my
variable capacitor for tuning that band. 80 ws ok, but I don't have the best
antennas there. Lots of noise from stations, but the bands weren't really
displaying a lot of atmospheric noise, except that one spot on 40 around 7145
where it fried all weekend.

I couldn't tell if the solar flare had any effect, because it was really busy.
Lots of stations from all over the workd. Thanks to the AF stations that
provided some fun zones to call into. The new VK (VL) calls messed me up for a
few minutes. I heard DU and YB, but they are hard to work here in southern
Illinois.

Thanks to all the stations that gave me the USA 3,4,5 zones. I try not to call
them when they are busy, and thanks to the ones that gave me the double mults!

73!, Craig KD9MS

Rigs: FT-2000D and FTdx1200
Antennas:
Tower 1 55' TX-555 Crank up
TH7DX at 55'
D3W at 62'
13B2 at 68'
Discoverer DIS'7-1 at 70'

Tower 2:
Rohn 25G 58'
Explorer 14 with 40m kit at 60'
3 Element 6m at 65'

80m wire verticals for each station with not enough ground radials
160 inverted L with critters in the tuning unit...