[3830] CQWW SSB VE4VT SO(A)AB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 31 22:18:52 EDT 2021

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: VE4VT
Operator(s): VE4VT
Station: VE4VT

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 42:24

  160:    5     3        2
   80:  206    13       24
   40:  899    25       65
   20: 1152    31       92
   15: 1023    29       92
   10:  123    14       30

Club: Radiosport Manitoba

Comments:

I knew the CME was scheduled to impact us sometime after 1000z so I decided to
spend Friday night spinning the dial and working all the mults I could.

On Saturday 10m opened to the south but no Europe.  15 was in good shape with
some stronger EU stations and even domestic propagation was good. It was like
20m usually is.

The low bands were very noisey and a real struggle.

I took a few hours off  Sunday morning between 0800 and 1100. When I returned,
the propagation was miserable.No Europe on Sunday morning on the high bands. The
sigals were there but on a skewed path and much weaker. Nothing was workable
except North and South.  10m was packed with European signals right at the noise
level.  Worked 1 zone 14 station with many repeats and much effort. I am sure if
you were further south you had great fun on 10m.

20m finally opened to Eu weakly late Sunday afternoon.

Had some great domestic runs, good practise for sweepstakes Hi!

I recorded all the QSOs in case you are interested in hearing how you sounded
and what the pileups were like. Just shoot me an email.

73 Ed VE4VT