[3830] NCCC Sprnt Lad K4BAI LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Sep 9 23:10:30 EDT 2021

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Sep 10

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA

  160:   0      0
   80:  10     10
   40:  27     17
   20:   3      3
   15:   0      0
Total:  40     30  Total Score = 1,200

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

No signals on 15 tonight.  20 was very long.  40 and 80 were good.  Strong
signals, lots of participation, and worked KI6RRN for my first west coast on 80
in months.  But, lots of problems here.  Had log set up an realized at last
minute that I had checked SPRINTLADDER instead of SPRINTNS, so quickly made that
change.  Didn't realize that the F keys would have to be reprogrammed too.  So
all sending by paddle.  On the high bands, the receiver wouldn't fully return to
receive after sending with QSK.  Not much luck on 20.  40 had a lot of receive
problems, but I kept fighting it and hoping to give out a lot of GA mults.  80M
seemed almost normal.  I think I will have to swap out the transceiver or the
antenna switch or find a bad coax jumper or something before NA Sprint Saturday
night. Thanks for the QSOs.  73, John, K4BAI.