[3830] KRC SST OH3BCX(OH1ZAA) Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Sep 10 17:09:44 EDT 2021

                    K1USN Slow Speed Test - Sep 10

Call: OH3BCX
Operator(s): OH1ZAA
Station: OH3BCX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: KP20XW

   40:   1     1
   20:   1     1
Total:   2     2  Total Score = 4

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

Hardly ever been so happy working a single QSO,
while getting David CT7AUP on 14 MHz after 35
minutes of calling (with a fruitless interlude
on 7 MHz calling my own CQ). On 14 MHz I heard
G3WZD weak, and CT7AUP stronger with a massive
USA pile-up. David probably turned his beam to
pick me up, as his signal got much stronger at
2042Z. On 7 MHz I heard SA6IMI with an auroral
tone calling a slow CQ TEST. Finally at 2057Z
I had Lutz DM6EE come back on that band!

This week I had two new FTDX10-rigs to test out,
but I had to send them back as both had parasitic
oscillations on the HF-band for above 1.5 : 1 SWR.

The second one could only put out 10 watts on the
European 70 MHz band (4 meters). Spec seems to be
50 watts, as witnessed on the first one. The RX's
are great, but I don't trust the RF-out with the
70 W UHF-transistor used in the final stage.

Sunspots were at 124 yesterday, and X-ray background
during this session slightly over B2-level (rising)...

Suffering a burned out vacuum relay on the linear and
the 2-el lightweight 14 MHz yagi blown out of the tree.

Cheers/73, Zaba OH1ZAA #1856 CWops