[3830] NA Sprint CW WQ6X(@W7AYT) LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 12 13:37:59 EDT 2021

                    NA Sprint CW Contest - September

Call: WQ6X
Operator(s): WQ6X
Station: W7AYT

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Twain Hart
Operating Time (hrs): 3:57
Remote Operation

   80:  19     0:45
   40:  26     1:15
   20:  50     2:00
---------------------
Total:  95     Mults = 34  Total Score = 3,230

Club:

Team:

Comments:

This was my 1st-time, running a SPRINT remotely from N6GEO's QTH in Twain Hart.
Using the computing setup in Concord, I was able to WINKEY the radio, but
otherwise had no CAT control.  Because we jump frequencies so often, it
really did not matter much.
The biggest problem were the ROBOT operators on the other end who would
not wait for my "de WQ6X" ending and send their NUMBER while I'm
still
transmitting, requiring an unnecessary repeat.  Wait 2.5 seconds more
and save a 7.5+ second repeat.  During the last 35 contacts of the
contest, virtually EVERYONE asked me to repeat the NUMBER; for which
I have defined FKEY-7 for JUST that purpose.
Read more about this at: http://WQ6X.Blogspot.com