[3830] WAE SSB VK3JA Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 12 21:01:10 EDT 2021

                    WAE DX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: VK3JA
Operator(s): VK3JA
Station: VK3JA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Rural Melbourne

   80:    0     0     0
   40:   14    27    36
   20:  119    59    40
   15:   12    17    10
   10:    0     0     0
-------------------------
Total:  145   103    86  Total Score = 21,328

Club: VK Contest Club

Comments:

Where were the EU's this year?   Many hours appeared to have band openings and
the indexes looked good but almost no contesters were QRV?

The usual 20M LP openings VK to EU never opened at all this weekend.
The usual 40M SP opening during EU late afternoon at VK daybreak never really
opened and very few signals where heard. I was able to pass QTC's to a couple
stations but almost no other activity there.  My signal must have been OK on the
EU side as I passed QTC's but where was everybody?

15 was only barely open for an hour on Sunday to EU.

20M SP in EU late afternoon opened up wide for an hour and a half here where I
enjoyed a solid run with the traditional EU ZOO in full swing.  I'm not
complaining . . it was great to have a joyous pileup in this otherwise very
boring contest weekend.  It was a joy to hear good signal reports coming back to
me while my bandscope showed mostly "grass" with only a small number
of sigs coming in from EU.  Seems that the band was open but the EU end was just
not operating?

Anyway thanks for the run of about 100 QSO's during that great 1.5 hour long 20M
opening.
See you next year!
73 Steve VK3JA