[3830] ARRL Sep VHF W9KXI Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Sep 15 10:22:18 EDT 2021

                    ARRL September VHF Contest - 2021

Call: W9KXI
Operator(s): W9KXI
Station: W9KXI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: New York
Operating Time (hrs):

  222:    4     2
  432:    4     1
  903:
  1.2:    1     1
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  200    69  Total Score = 14,008

Club: Mt Airy VHF Radio Club

Comments:

•	~200 Q's
•	I heard little to no activity here on 222 and 432.
•	Conditions were poorer than I had hoped for on both 6M and 2M.  I operated
almost exclusively FT8 on those bands when it became apparent that was where
everyone was at.
•	Best 2M DX - K9MRI in EN70, over 500 miles on FT8. This…in spite of the
hills between Central New York State and his central Indiana location. It was
nice to have him in my log again.
•	One new 2M grid - FN36, VA2WA.  I am pleased with this, when you consider
the considerable impediments between my FN12ne location and FN36.  To work
VA2WA, My beam points at a brick school house with a Hill directly across the
street from it.

With nothing new being heard, I pulled the plug shortly after 10pm on Sunday.

I am still sorting out how to efficiently operate four radios, three
microphones, one keyer, one voice keyer, two rotor controllers, two computers
and five computer monitors…without blowing anything up.  Two of the radios use
10M as the IF for the 222 and 1296 transverters which they are connected to.
Imagine my surprise when I saw an FT8 decode on (a normally quiet) 1296, this…
turned out to be a decode of my own 222MHz FT8 transmission.

Thanks to everyone who operated the contest.